Table of Contents

■For International Students

What is a first-rate School?
Schools registered with Study Japan Study Abroad all have high visa grant rates as well as high graduate employment rates.
Can I find a good school that's right for me?
Yes, of course!
We work with our partners to support students who are registered with Study Japan Navi and are enrolled in a school through our site. We can help with further study, as well as daily living.
International students also recieve web exclusive coupons to help with:
(2)Further study preparation
(3)Specialized Study Halls
(4)SIM/Phone help
(5) Food/Drink services
(6)Asian products
(7)Legal Document handling
What is the WECAN programming course?
This course is provided for those wishing to learn how to code without having to attend dedicated courses. They run every Saturday and Sunday and anyone can attend.
What is the WECAN programming course discount system?
The discount WECAN programming course can only be used by students who have studied in Japan via Study Japan Navi site.
In addition, students that excel may be hired by our partner companies.
Why will it be easy to find work?
The Japanese IT (and related) industry is currently in shortage.
Additionally, with our partner companies, students may find it even easier to find employment in Japan.

■For Japanese Language schools

How would you show-off the language school to world?
Our multi-national employees work in their native languages (China, Myanmar, Vietnam, English(Australia), India), and therefore, presenting your school can be easier.
How will finding new students be easier?
Our Study Abroad site works with Japanese Language Schools to advertise worldwide, increasing school visibility, which makes it easier to attract interest in international students.
What is the WECAN programming service?
This service only allows international students studying abroad via Study Japan Navi to take courses at a discount.
How will finding work be easier for students?
Students that participate in our WECAN programming course are more likely to become qualified as engineers in their desired field which Japan currently has a shortage of.

■Study Japan Navi

What if I can’t access your page through my social media app?
If you can’t get to our page from social media, try the following:
① Copy and paste our URL into a browser app on your phone.
② Use a different device or pc to access our site.
Student recruitment conditions
1. You must have 12 years of compulsory education, generally high school graduates or vocational school graduates. You must show your graduation diploma, and if appropriate, your academic transcript.
2. You must apply within 5 years of graduating from the last school/university you attended. Alternatively, you can apply with a work certificate showing at least 5 years of employment, a letter of reason for studying in Japan, a career plan, and a bank withdrawal/payment record.
3. Students can easily get their visa if they already have JLPT N5 or higher. Alternatively, you can prove that you have studied Japanese for more than 150 hours at a local language school.
What do I need to do to study in Japan?
① Once you have applied, submit your application materials to us within the designated date and we will pass them onto the school of your choice.
② The school will review your application materials and will send you a letter of acceptance.
③ They will also apply for a student visa on your behalf at the Immigration Bureau and will issue a Certificate of Eligibility if everything is well.
④ They will then fax your Certificate of Eligibility and tuition bill to us, and we will pass it onto you.
⑤ Once you receive the invoice, you will need to transfer the payment to the school’s bank account within the time frame.
⑥ After the school has confirmed your payment, we will receive a copy of the admission letter as well as the original certificate of eligibility, where we will then mail it to you.
⑦ You then need to apply for a student visa (in-person) at the consulate, and once you have obtained it, buy a ticket to come to Japan.
⑧ To complete enrollment, you have to attend your class on the day they expect you to start.
How do I get a certificate of finances for a Student visa in Japan?
Please check with your financial institution about how you can obtain your certificate of finances. If that is not possible, please obtain a bank statement that shows as much detail as possible including your name, and the financial institution’s name.
How to pay your school fees?
Once your certificate of eligibility is issued, you need to transfer the payment into the school’s bank account. *Payment methods/bank accounts vary depending on the school.
Tuition is usually paid semi-annually or annually, and is the same once you have enrolled.
Please note that when transferring money from outside of Japan, a fee of 4, 000Yen is applied and if there is a difference, it will need to be settled once you arrive in Japan.
Screening and admission fees are paid only once at the time of admission.
Can I choose more than one school?
Yes, of course. Ultimately, we will propose the best-fitting school for you according to what you are looking for.
Coming to Japan? Make sure of these points:
Please prepare adequately before coming to Japan.
Here are some things to check and make sure you are aware of before you leave:
1.Confirm your pick-up arrangement after landing in Japan.
Many Japanese language schools offer airport pick-up services, but be sure of the pick-up time and location before you arrive.
2.Confirm your residence/dormitory in advance.
Sorting out your accommodation is important. What kind of housing will you be in (school-owned or commercial?). Other things to consider include distance to school, extra fees, as well as rent. For first-time students in Japan, it’s often practical to live in a dormitory, especially if you don’t know anyone. Generally, it’s easier to find a temporary place first, and then find a new place. Living with friends can be a fun experience, and also cuts down on living costs until you find your feet.
3.Manage your living expenses.
Generally it’s advised that total cash-on-hand for foreign travelers should not exceed $5,000USD. It’s the same for international students - basically, bring enough cash to last you about 3 months. Once you’re in Japan, you should ask either a friend or your teacher to help you with opening a bank account (you will need one for most jobs). Japanese ATMs and convenience stores are open 24-7, so withdrawing cash is easy. Please also note that exchange rates in Japan tend to be much higher outside of the airport.
4.Choose a SIM plan that works best for you.
There are lots of phones plans to choose from in Japan. For example, if you only want to use mobile data, then a net-only plan is for you. If you need a number but don’t often make calls, then you can opt for a time-limit plan as well. And of course, if you like making calls, then there are also unlimited call plans available too. If you can’t decide on one, ask a senior student to help you out.
5.When in Rome...
Japanese tend to be shy, (over) courteous, and carry a sense of “I don’t want to be a bother”, especially in the larger cities. Coming to Japan for the first time, this may take some getting used to. So, it’s a good idea to get out and around, and really get to know your surroundings.
What about housing?
If you want to live in a dormitory, you will first need to fill out a residency form and specify the type of room you want.
Your rate will depend on the type of room you have applied for.
Can students work part-time?
Yes, you can; up to 28hours/week. Tokyo’s hourly wage is around 1, 000Yen and some are higher. Based on this, you can earn up to 100,000Yen per month, which should be enough to cover your living expenses. There’s different types of work ranging from hospitality to construction, supermarket work to gardening among others.
How to register for National Health Insurance?
Upon arriving in Japan, international students need to register as a resident and enroll in the Japan National Health insurance to be able to use medical insurance.
Insurance fees are based on an individual’s annual income. Most international students have no income or only on a part-time income, so the amount is small; about 7,000 - 15,000Yen per year (excluding incentives). Many students tend to not want to pay this premium and avoid it; you must pay insurance. Many schools in Japan require a valid National Health Insurance card at enrollment. Also, once you are enrolled in the National Health Insurance program, you only need to pay 30% of the hospital bill (with the exception of certain specialist services/hospitals). Many schools will also pay 10% - 20% of the 30% hospital bill as well, making hospital visits financially lighter. Along with the National Health Insurance, international students can be further exempted from medical expenses with the Medical Expenses Subsidy system for international students. With a comprehensive medical insurance system, international students don’t need to worry about seeing a doctor in Japan.

How to register for the National Health Insurance program as an international:
1. Application: Go to your local city office, and apply at the ‘Insurance’ or ‘Health Insurance’ counter. Be sure to have your residence card with you when you apply. If you have lived in Japan for less than 1 year, you will need to provide proof residence in Japan for the next 12 months.
2. Paying for insurance: You can pay directly from your bank account or through pay slip. You can also pay in person at the bank or post-office.
3. Changing your details: If you move, or take out another type of insurance, you must let the city office know within 14 days of the change at the ‘insurance’ or ‘health insurance’ counter.
4. Before leaving Japan, you must present your insurance card, personal seal, proof of leaving Japan (airline ticket), and declare your intent to leave Japan at the ‘insurance’ counter of your local city office.
Introduction to Majors and Schools in Japan
Business Management
Subjects in this field include finance, trade, distribution, and management. Business strongmen like Konosuke Matsushita and Soichiro Honda created business management schools, and many people have gone on to study there. You’ll likely find employment in major companies where there is also a need for proficient English speakers.
Examples: Hitotsubashi University, Keio University, Tokyo University, Osaka University and Kyoto University
Requirements: JLPT N1/TOEFL/EJU, Essay, Interview.

Law, Economics
These majors focus on understanding the origins of modern economic issues, and understanding and responding to policy changes through studying economics, law, and politics, implementing critical thinking and putting theory to practice. This is a traditional course in Japan, incorporating the school of accounting, law, economics, and politics. These types of courses also offer a wide variety of employment.
Examples: Waseda University, Chuo University, Tokyo University
Requirements: JLPT N1/TOEFL/EJU, essay, interview.

Literature, Education
Your focus is on Japanese, Chinese, English, and American literature, social sciences, culture, education, psychology and other related fields, and is a requirement if you want to become a teacher or lecturer. This is a traditional Japanese course, and also requires teaching placements during your study. Jobs at schools and universities are available, but also in other branches of education.
Examples: Tokyo University, Waseda University, Hokkaido University
Requirements: JLPT N1/EJU, English Language proficiency, interview.

Home Economics, Lifestyle
These majors include sports, nutrition, human environment studies, pre-school care, liberal arts, audio and visual design, modern kinematics, cinematography, fashion and color marching performance. Japan has the world’s longest lifespan accredited to its excellent welfare, nutrition, and medical care. Popular among women as well as those looking to improve their quality of life, these majors equip individuals to improve work-life balance.
Examples: Ochanomizu Women’s University, Japan Women’s University, Waseda University

Tourism and Media
Courses include international media, language communication, and tourism. As a major media power, Japan covers various media such as newspapers, magazines, television, and the internet, and is always changing. If you are keen and would like work with nice challenges, studying media in Japan is a good choice. In addition, Japan, as a tourist destination, has a comprehensive tourism system, and the number of Chinese employed at JTB Tourism Group has increased year by year.
Institutions include: Hokkaido University, Waseda University, Tsukuba University, Doshisha University

Art design
Common subjects of animation design and fashion design are the dominant subjects.
These majors focus on popular anime and fashion design. 60% of the world’s anime works come from Japan and there are many creators; it alone makes up 20% of Japan’s GDP. Of course, students will study illustration, but they will also learn about media, industry and expression theory. This combination forms the basis of the rapid development of the Japanese anime industry.
Examples: Kyoto Seika University, Tokyo Polytechnic University, Takarazaka University
Requirements: JLPT N2, portfolio, basic art skills, interview.

Japan leads Asian fashion design and is recognized internationally. Issey Miyake, Kenzo Takada and Rei Kawakubo are examples of internationally recognized designers.The Bunka Fashion College is a vocational school and is in the top 3 of the world’s fashion schools. From basic training to high-end clothing, each student creates their dream clothing designs.
Examples: Bunka Women’s University, Musashino Art University, Tokyo Zokei University
Requirements: JLPT N2, portfolio, basic art skills, interview.

The No.1 Study Abroad Info Site in Japan

Study in Japan at a top Japanese Language School that suits you.
We will help you succeed in Japan.
  • Find a hand-picked Language School
  • Compare Language Schools
  • Find first-rate academic prep schools
  • Increase student numbers
  • Get discounted programming courses
  • Increase sales
  • Employment in Japan will get easier
  • Employment for students will be easier


Close Menu